Press release - 16 June 2020
Chaired by the French public works federation FNTP, the international INTERMAT Innovation Awards competition acknowledges companies’ research and development endeavours and highlights innovation which contribute to driving progress in the construction and infrastructure sector.
This 8th edition is clearly aligned with the forward-looking vision of the 2021 INTERMAT vintage which aims at revealing and accelerating innovation and combining all the components within it that will facilitate the efficiency and success of the projects of tomorrow.
For the first time, the nominees will be announced at the INTERMAT Press Days on 21 January 2021 to shine a light on the innovations shortlisted at the first judges’ meeting. The winners will be announced on 19 April 2021 at the exhibition during an awards ceremony which was followed by a networking evening.
Entries are now open to all the exhibitors of INTERMAT 2021 with a product, service, item of equipment and machinery, technique or solution fulfilling the themes in terms of innovation in one of the exhibition’s five hubs of expertise:
- Earthmoving, Demolition & Transportation
- Roads, Minerals & Foundations
- Lifting & Handling
- Buildings & Concrete Sector
- New Technologies
In each of the five categories, two innovations will be distinguished: Equipment & Machinery and Components & Accessories, making 10 award winners at this edition, which was revisited according to the exhibition’s new sector organisation and added to by the New Technologies category.
Four special awards will also pay tribute to the initiatives of companies that propose specific innovation in these sectors and fields:
- World of Concrete Europe Award
- Energy Transition Award
- Start-Up Award
- Safety Award
In total, 14 winners will receive awards.
Judges and selection criteria
Chaired by Bruno Cavagné, chairman of FNTP, a judging panel*, made up of experts from European construction research and industry companies and organisations, will study the entries to select the nominees, who will for the first time receive special visibility, then designate the 14 prize winners.
Five judging criteria will be used by each of the judges to select entries from among the following areas of progress:
- Cost savings: reduced investment and maintenance costs, simplified maintenance, improved production system or increased value of products or techniques.
- Technical design and technologies used: improved productivity and performance, ease of maintenance.
- Operation: work quality, productivity gains, ease of maintenance, energy efficiency.
- Usage: ease of use, ergonomics, comfort, safety, improved working conditions and risk prevention,
- Environmental protection: climate and biodiversity conservation, circular economy
- 5 October 2020: registrations close
- 16 October: closing date for entries.
- 25 November: 1st meeting of judges to assess entries and shortlist nominees.
- 21 January 2021: announcement of nominees at the INTERMAT Press Days.
- 10 February: 2nd second meeting of judges for final selection of winners.
- 19 April: announcement of winners at the awards ceremony held at the show.
* Non-finalised list, pending co-optation of new members
Contact for registrations and platform access:
Anne-Laure Mazel + 33 (0)1 76 77 14 57
VILLAMONET - +33 1 47 05 09 08
Christophe GIRAUDON – email@example.com
Sandrine PALMEIRA - firstname.lastname@example.org
Patricia DESMERGER : +33 6 07 47 34 77 - email@example.com