A platform for the revelation of innovative solutions on the market, INTERMAT Paris 2018 will bring together all the international players from the realms of construction and infrastructure who have entered the INTERMAT Innovation Awards. This competition, chaired by FNTP(2), will acknowledge the latest equipment, technology, services and products in construction and infrastructure.
The 2018 edition will have a brand new judging panel comprising experts from European construction firms and will be divided up into four categories corresponding to the new sector organisation of the show and four additional special awards. Exhibitors have until 2 October 2017 to submit their entries.
"Intermat reasserts the importance of research and development and supports the innovations contributing to market success in the construction and infrastructure sector. The 2018 edition aims to reveal the new technologies currently emerging which contribute to meeting the challenges of regional development," says Isabelle Alfano, Director of INTERMAT.
Through their innovations, candidates will improve equipment performance and user safety in a perspective of optimising productivity whilst being environmentally responsible. These innovations will compete in the various categories reflecting the four hubs of expertise at the show: Earthmoving & Demolition, Roads, Minerals & Foundations, Buildings & Concrete Sector, Lifting, Handling & Transportation. To be selected, entries will be judged on five specific criteria:
- Cost efficiency: lower investment and maintenance costs, easier maintenance, improvement of production system and enhanced use of products or techniques,
- Technical design and technologies used: improvement of performance and productivity, ease of maintenance,
- Operation: work quality, productivity improvements, ease of maintenance and energy efficiency,
- Use: ease of use, user-friendly, comfortable, safe and improved working conditions and risk prevention
- Environmental protection : protection of the climate and biodiversity, to promote the circular economy
A new prestigious judging panel and 12 exclusive awards presented
To examine entries, the INTERMAT Innovation Awards call on a judging panel made up of European specialists from research and the construction industry. Also with the participation of FNTP and under the chairmanship of Bruno Cavagné, these specialists will award the prizes for “Equipment and Machinery” and “Components and Accessories” in the four sectors at INTERMAT Paris, and four additional exclusive awards: “Digital Transition”, “Energy Transition”, “World of Concrete Europe” and “Start-Up”.
The results will be officially announced three months before the show at Pre-Intermat. The awards ceremony, scheduled for 18 January 2018, will be an opportunity to bring together all of the players who innovate for the benefit of construction and infrastructure.
Judges as at 6 June 2017:
- Bruno Cavagné, Chairman of FNTP France
- Pascal Beeckmans, Purchasing Director – BESIX Belgium
- Pierre Boels, Chairman of ERA(3). CEO – BOELS RENTAL Pays-Bas
- Ramon Gil Mataix, Purchasing Director – OBRASCON HUARTE LAIN Spain
- Bernard Heritier, Publishing Director – RGRA France
- Thierry Lahuppe, Equipment Director – LOXAM France
- Pascal Lemoine, Technical and Research Director – FNTP France
- Thomas Le Diouron, Founder – IMPULSE PARTNERS France
- Didier Thevenard, Equipment Director – EUROVIA France
- Kjetil Tonning,Vice-President of FIEC(4). Regional Director, Contstruction – VEIDEKKE ENTREPENOR. Board member – The Confederation of Norwegian Enterprise (NHO) and The Nordic Road Association (NVF) - Norway
Details of how to enter can be found here.
About the organisers
S.E. INTERMAT brings together the trade organisations of equipment manufacturers and importers:
- CISMA, the French association of equipment manufacturers for construction, infrastructure, steel and handling equipment industries;
- SEIMAT, the French association of international civil engineering, mining, construction and hoistingequipment industries;
- and Comexposium, a European leader in event organisation.
The COMEXPOSIUM Group, one of the world leaders in event organisation, is involved in more than 170 consumer and trade events, covering 11 different sectors of activity such as food, agriculture, fashion, homeland security, construction, high-tech, optics and transport. COMEXPOSIUM hosts 45,000 exhibitors and more than 3 million visitors in 26 countries around the world.
COMEXPOSIUM is developing worldwide through its activities in around thirty countries: Algeria, Argentina, Belgium, Brazil, Canada, China, Germany, India, Indonesia, Italy, Japan, Korea, Monaco, the Netherlands, New Zealand, the Philippines, Qatar, Russia, Singapore, Spain, Thailand, Turkey, the United Arab Emirates, the United Kingdom and the United States.
Press Office: Rumeur Publique
Claire Ciangura :email@example.com – (+33) 01.55.74.52.12
Lucie Daudigny :firstname.lastname@example.org – (+33) 01.55.74.37.27
Chloé Méhat :email@example.com - (+33) 01.55.74.52.35
(1)Visitor survey, INTERMAT 2015
(3) European Rental Association
(4) European Construction Industry Federation