The 2018 INTERMAT Observatory came about as a result of desire to provide construction equipment and materials manufacturers with strategic research on around ten countries in the EMEA zone with the strongest investment momentum in infrastructure and buildings.
Its objective is to offer insight into market opportunities for the equipment manufacturers present across the exhibition's hubs of expertise :
- Buildings & Concrete Sector,
- Roads, Minerals & Foundations,
- Lifting, Handling & Transportation
- Earthmoving & Demolition(1)
For each country studied, a quantitative and qualitative analysis is prepared with the following four chapters :
- National indicators : geographical data, macroeconomic indicators, trade data, analysis of short-term and medium-term economic growth.
- Market potential, investment programmes, innovation level and requirements for equipment and machinery in the seven following areas : airport infrastructure, port infrastructure, roads, railways, bridges & tunnels, mining and quarries, residential buildings and functional building.
- Detailed analysis of the main imports of machines and tools and their local usage based on the 4 sectors of expertise at INTERMAT Paris : Earthmoving & Demolition, Roads, Minerals and Foundations, Lifting, Handling and Transportation, Buildings & Concrete Sector.
The building and public works consultants from Business France(2) established in these twelve countries will also provide exclusive insight into the major construction projects underway and planned for the future to 2025-2030 and the main stakeholders involved in these projects.
(1) The Observatory is built around 71 customs codes, which are listed in the appendix.
(2) The national agency responsible for fostering export growth by French Businesses and facilitating international investment in France.